Nice. I haven't posted on here since 2009. So, now I am saying to myself, "Either have a blog, or don't have a blog, a-hole." I answer myself that I do want a blog, because it's a good way to share news and stuff I'm doing, and sometimes I can post stuff on there that I wouldn't put on Facebook. I realize that that makes me sound kind of self-absorbed, but if you know me (which you probs do if you're reading my blog), you know that's not me at all, so I'm not too worried about it.
Well, since I've been away from this blog, lots of stuff has happened. I've been doing a lot of scrapbooking, a lot of invitation design (will soon have a website that I can link to actually), and have also started volunteering at DAWS (Danbury Animal Welfare Society) which has basically changed my life. Animals rule. I should have known all along that I should be working around animals in some way on a regular basis, so I'm glad I finally got my head out of an area in which it shouldn't have been and decided to volunteer there. The critters are great and the people are awesome. YAY for DAWS. Check out our website and adopt a kitty or a doggie, or multiple kitties or doggies, from us!
Anyhoo, I'm planning on taking a bit of a new direction with this bad boy. I have been inspired by people from the scrapbooking community and would like to start posting pictures of my work on here, to get feedback and also just to show what I'm working on. I also figure it's a good idea for me to make some kind of attempt at regular posting, so from now on, every Tuesday will be "List Day". I love making lists, and this way I have a prompt once a week about something to write about, whether it's a list of songs I hate or things I would like to do before I die or whatever. I will be happy to accept suggestions for lists that people want to see, and I want people to post in the comments with their own lists for whatever topic I've posted. It is a stupid thing to write about, but my good friend, an author, says that anything that gets you to write is a good thing, and she is smart so I should take her advice :) So tomorrow is the first List Day.
Whee! I guess that's it for now. I seriously suck as a blogger, but will try to be a better one. Thanks for reading, and thanks for sticking with me even though the last time I posted was apparently during the Van Buren administration.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment